Sunday, November 22, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
This message has been sent using the picture and Video service from Verizon Wireless!
To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.
Note: To play video messages sent to email, Quicktime@ 6.5 or higher is required.
Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!
Surprise! I was walking through the airport in Washington on my way to baggage claim, when two crazy girls jumped out from behind the information screen, yelling "Welcome Home!" Luckily, I knew them to be my friends, Leslie and Amy. Even more lucky, my ride home hadn't shown up yet (I took an earlier connecting flight), so we headed to a local bar for some much appreciated wine - no French chicken wine - but still good!
Then my mom, sister and nephews arrived and I broke out the treats I lugged from Paris - 4 baguettes, and ziplocks full of madeleines and shortbread cookies I had stowed in my freezer this summer. No worse for wear, the madeleines especially were better than I thought they would taste.
I will be home until December 29th! Then back to Paris for the final session (January to March) and my internship (March to June).
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
It's official! I graduated from Intermediate Patisserie last Thursday. My favorite Chef JJ on the left and the very attractive Chef Caals on the right.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
- The sesame baguette from the hole in the wall bakery across the street.
- Sitting at my window and watching life in my courtyard
- The cheap grocery store wine (can't let a blog go by without mentioning it)
- Waking up and realizing that I live in Paris - it still makes me smile
- Paris moments - seeing the Eiffel tower sparkle after a long day in class
- Walking in the Marais, and having a fallafel
- My chefs and classmates, especially JJ and Rebecca
- My six-year old neighbor Nicolas, who draws me pictures of rainbows with doors and airplanes dropping lollipops.