Saturday, July 4, 2009

Homesick?


No - Not homesick yet - it's only been three weeks, Paris is starting to feel like home.

Yes - I miss my friends and family. Skype makes it so much easier. I just got off the phone with the DDBBs (Drunk Dewey Beach Bitches- see below), and it is so good to hear that they think the only thing missing from their weekend is ME! Can't wait to see those girls in September - flights are only $535. Book it already! Happy Birthday, Katina. Wishing Amy a speedy recovery from her rotator cuff damage ;-)

Jen, I can't wait to see you - I was thinking of you, the Tour de France was on TV today.

It is a little weird to be here on the 4th of July, I didn't go out tonight, just wanted a quiet day to recover from this first week. Friday was a great day of class. Long, but great. I know I am doing the right thing here. Finally! I get more enjoyment of a fruit cake than I ever thought possible, just can't wait until we get to the chocolate part of the class.

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging emails (especially the 'stay focussed' ones from my brother) and comments - please keep them coming. I changed the layout of my blog to make it easier to read, let me know if it is better.

Special thanks to Jeannie and Nick for moving the rest of my stuff out of my apartment. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. and Thank you again.







1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you too! I watched every second of the Tour yesterday and will be doing so today as I pack! hugs

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics