Sunday, May 10, 2009

When good Americans die they go to Paris. -- Oscar Wilde


I am glad I don't have to die to go to Paris - especially because I am not sure I would make the "good" part of that quote!  My friend Paul sent me this one that reminds me to practice my French a little more:

"In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language."

I got a really nice early bon voyage gift from Liz Hackett (known to most of us as Amy's mom). Paris to the Moon  is a story of one of my favorite New Yorker writers, who moves to Paris with his wife and small son.

I love the etching (Chemin de Fer de Paris a La Lune) from which the title is derived.  Sometimes I do feel like I am moving to the moon, so it is perfect!  Thanks, Liz.

PS -- 27 people checked out my blog yesterday - I feel kinda popular, and my Amazon earnings are up to $10.11! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics